or sh0uld i leave the s 0of?
in the present tense,singular verb end in the suffix s' plural verb d0 not.
The foods that provide(a)good nutrition are(b)
often the least tasty; a hamburger and fries,
on the other hand, satisfy(c)the tongue but clog the arteries.
- (d)n0 change is necessary
- is need to be the plural are, which option B fixes.
example:The chicken wing and lamb rib sit untouched on Ruth's plate.
- because there's no S at the end of sit, you know it's plural verb.
- The elephant trumpets for a peanut.
- The elephants trumpet for peanuts.
when each or every precedes two [or more] singular nouns joined by and , you have a singular subject.
example:every chicken wing and pork rib sits untouched on Ruth's plate.
- because there is an S at the end of sit,you know it's a singular verb.